Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 11th Assignment


Don't Be a Zax and PS 22

It is very important for students to post work on their blogs every week. I think the beginning of a child's learning experience involves them learning to work on their own. At young ages they will need help, but as children get older they should learn to do things on their own. If children do not start doing work on their own at young ages, they will more than likely become Zax's at an older age. If you do not know what a Zax is, watch this video. A Zax is a person who does something one way and does not change. Children need to learn that yes, they can turn things in the old school way on paper, but some things should be posted online and in creative ways. Videos, pictures, drawings, and paragraphs are all fun ways for the children to share things in their blogs. Here are a few examples of things I've seen throughout this semester:

The PS 22 Video
This is a great example of a creative student post. The children's voices are inspiring! I think it was beautiful and I am so glad they shared it with the world.

Room 9 Blog
There are so many blogs from the Pt. England school in Auckland, New Zealand. I love all of the blogs, but I have been enjoying this one a lot. They have great videos and posts from each student and all of the students are learning great things through technology.

Kaia and Skyelar
I think this blog is so sweet. Their father runs and moderates the blog, but at a very early age Kaia is learning how blogs work and she helps create things for the blog. I love reading the posts for this website and I visit regularly.

Team One Blog
Team One is also from Pt. England, but they are younger students that don't use as many videos. They have pictures they have made online each week and they are all so sweet! You should definitely go look.

180 Days of Kindergarten
This is my favorite of all the websites I have commented on. Each day is made into a blog post and pictures and videos from the day are included. The kindergarteners have so much fun and I love to read about their day!

These are just a few things that students have done on blogs. Definitely check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I really like what you had to saw regarding The Zax by Dr. Seuss. We all need to learn to be innovative and fun! We can use technology to make things so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete