The list of what I have learned:
1. Google Docs and Google itself- I always just thought of Google as a search engine and where I received email, but it is so much more than that! Google docs and all that Google has to offer is awesome. I love to explore iGoogle.
2. PLN’s- My Personal Learning Network is really cool and I enjoy going through it. I mostly use Twitter, but I enjoy the websites and links that I have discovered.
3. Google Earth- The Google Earth tour confused me at first, but once I figured it out it became a fun tool to use.
4. Screen Jelly- I love this website. Screen Jelly is so cool and a quick way to show people exactly how to perform a task online.
5. How I can use technology in the schools- I won’t keep going on a list because it would be too long. Podcasts, Twitter, Videocasts, Wikis, and so many more things were used to learn in this class. I enjoyed it and if there was an EDM 310 pt. 2 I would probably take it. I know there has to be things that I did not hear about in this class, but now I know how to find these things myself.
I don’t think I know of anything else I would have wanted to learn in this class. I’m sure if I thought about it, I would figure something out. I would have loved to see more Skype sessions and create more things for the class, but I know that would take up more time that a lot of people don’t have. I think this class is great how it is.
I don’t see anything as not useful. I think all of the tools are very useful! I don’t know why people wouldn’t want to use these tools because the tools can help make teaching a lot easier and more fun. I like the organization tools and tools that allow teachers to share what their students are doing with the world.
I found this class to be exciting! I will admit, at first I was very overwhelmed. The list of things we had to do looked so large because I had no idea what the tools that we were going to use were. The only thing I knew before this class was Gmail and Skype. Once I told myself to just dive in and get started, I got into the projects and the learning experience. I found all these new tools exciting and fun and I found myself sharing my projects with my friends and family. I’m proud of the work I’ve done for this class!
I think some of the videos and blogs we read were “intellectually challenging”. Not challenging as in difficult, but challenging as in they made me think harder than I normally would when I read blogs. I was actually forming my own opinions and ideas through these blogs and videos and that was cool to me.
I was never bored in the class. I was always working on something so I was busy. I think the workload was a good one and the things we have been learning are things that we can use everyday. If students would take that seriously then they would not be bored at all.
I think it would be cool to have a Mac workshop during the course, but I also know that not everyone has a Mac so that isn’t really possible. Workshops outside of class time are normally missed because of work or other responsibilities. I would have liked to learn more programs to use in the classroom. I really would have liked a Smart Board lesson too. Even though I have seen people use Smart Boards, I don’t know how to use one and that would be good to know. I don’t feel overworked in EDM 310. I did my work ahead of time most of the time and it helped me to stay on track.
I think I’m Technologically Literate at the moment. I’m not great, but I think I’m good and I’m continuing to grow. The more I explore the web, the better things get. I will probably never be amazingly Technologically Literate, but I’m going to try my best. I would like to be a media specialist after teaching for a while, so I’m going to have to keep my technology knowledge up.
I will continue to grow my PLN as I go through school and continue to learn and use new web tools. I want to keep a blog and continue to share my ideas and thoughts throughout my college and teaching career. I hope that I will be a good teacher and that I will be able to use as much technology as possible in my classroom. I want my students to be prepared for the future.