Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Comments4Teachers Weeks 13 and 14


The past two weeks I have been reading Jason Schrage's blog, Connections. I really enjoyed all of the information and ideas he has posted on his blog. He uses Google Docs and Youtube videos a lot in his posts, but most every time he is the one who has created those tools. He has great links on his blog and shares many awesome strategies for teaching! There haven't been many updates lately, but I would really encourage you to check it out.

Week 13
Hi Jason,
My name is Amber Fleming and I am in the EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. (http://edm310.blogspot.com) I love the PD Presentation idea especially with the use of visual tweets. I have seen that program used in a local debate and I thought it was neat. I hope to develop some good ideas about PD's in the future and I would like to read other teachers' opinions. Your Google Docs slideshow was great as well.
I will be following this blog for my class and I would love if you would visit mine.
I hope you have a wonderful week,
Amber Fleming
http://flemingamberedm310.blogspot.com


Week 14
I really love science centers and think that the fact that high school students were able to help the younger children learn is awesome. That not only rewards the older students since they know they have helped a child learn, it gives the younger kids inspiration and someone to look up to. I think the young children experiencing the older teens helping out will influence those younger children to help out more in the future.
In Mobile, we have a science museum called the Exploreum and they have great exhibits and events. The children are able to go to classes there and local college and high school children can volunteer and work there. It amazes me that they were able to put on such a great event at the local elementary school. I think that is awesome and should be encouraged. I think the video of your son learning was awesome as well.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m a student at the University of South Alabama and I was required to read your blog for my EDM 310 blog. If you would like to drop by, you can visit:
http://flemingamberedm310.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful week,
Amber Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment